Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing that offices in City Hall will be closed on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 in observance of Veteran’s Day.
The following city departments will operate as noted:
- Sanitation crews will collect garbage and recycling. Customers normally having refuse collected on Tuesday are requested to have their collections at curbside by 7:00 am.
- The Marion Senior Center will be open normal operating hours. On this day, the Center will be honoring and providing a complimentary lunch for all local Veterans. The 12:00 pm luncheon will be followed by a performance of patriotic music by Sweet Adelines and a special military-focused presentation. Honor Flight information will also be available. Dinner tickets are $3 per person (FREE for veterans). Contact the Senior Center at 387-6100 by November 7, 2014 to RSVP or for additional information.
- Marion Area Transit buses will not be in operation on November 11.
Essential services including fire, police, and airport will operate as usual.
The Mayor would also like to remind residents of the options available for disposal of leaves:
1) Leaves may be raked to the tree lawn area to be vacuumed (Residents are reminded that leaves are not to be raked into the street);
2) Leaves may be placed in biodegradable paper bags (limit 3 per week) for City sanitation workers to pick up; or
3) Leaves can be taken to the free drop off location at 560 Barks Rd. W. in biodegradable paper-bags. Proof of City residence may be required.