Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing that offices in City Hall will be closed on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 in observance of Veteran’s Day.
The following city departments will operate as noted:
- Sanitation crews will collect garbage and recycling. Customers normally having refuse collected on Tuesday are requested to have their collections at curbside by 7:00 am.
- The Marion Senior Center will be open normal operating hours on November 11. On this day, the Center will be honoring and providing a complimentary lunch for all local Veterans. The luncheon which is being hosted at the Marion Senior Center, 2375 Harding Highway E., and will be served at noon. In addition to the complimentary lunch, for all veterans, a special memento of the occasion will be provided. Dinner tickets are $3 for non-veterans. The public is welcome! Contact the Center at (740) 387-6100 for more information or to RSVP.
- Marion Area Transit will be open for operation on November 11.
Essential services including fire, police, and airport will operate as usual.
The Mayor would also like to remind residents of the options available for disposal of leaves:
1) Leaves may be raked to the tree lawn area to be vacuumed (Residents are reminded that leaves are not to be raked into the street);
2) Leaves may be placed in biodegradable paper bags (limit 3 per week) for City sanitation workers to pick up; or
3) Leaves can be taken to the free drop off location at 560 Barks Rd. W. in biodegradable paper-bags. Proof of City residence may be required.