Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing that on Tuesday, September 8th at 6:00 pm detours will begin being posted on the following streets in the downtown Marion area to accommodate activities for the 2015 Marion Popcorn Festival:
- Center St. between State St. and Campbell St.
- Church St. between Prospect St. and Main St
- Main St. between Church St. and Huber St.
- Prospect St. between Church St. and George St.
- Oak St. between Center St. and Huber St.
These downtown streets will remain closed until the festival’s conclusion at midnight on Saturday, September 12th and may remain closed into the early hours of Sunday morning for festival clean-up.
In preparation for and during the Popcorn Parade, closure of a number of area streets will begin at 4:00 pm on Thursday, September 10th. The following is a list of these street changes and closures:
- Kensington St. will become two-way at 4:00 pm.
- East Center St. between Kensington St. and State St. will close at 5:00 pm.
- Forest Lawn Blvd. from Center St. to Mt. Vernon Ave. will close at 5:00 pm.
- The following streets will be closed between East Center St. and East Church St.:
|- Pennsylvania Ave.
||- Merchant Ave.
||- Homer St.
|- Kenmore Ave.
||- Clover Ave.
- The following streets will be closed between East Center St. and Wilson Ave.:
|- Chicago Ave.
||- Boone Ave.
||- Franconia Ave.
|- Johnson St.
||- True Ave.
As a result of the various street closures taking place in preparation of the Popcorn Festival Parade, on Thursday, September 10th, Marion Area Transit will be making final pick-ups at 2:00 pm, with final drop offs scheduled for 2:30 pm. Normal operating hours will resume on Friday, September 11th.