- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
City Holiday Schedule for 2012
Submitted by Administration on Mon, 12/17/2012 - 2:15pm
Following is the Holiday Schedule for the City of Marion:
- City Hall - Many departments will be utilizing vacation time on December 24th; therefore it is highly encouraged that residents call to ensure the office relevant to their needs will be open. All City Hall departments will close at 12:00 pm on December 24th. All offices will be closed on December 25th.
- Sanitation - While refuse will not be collected on December 25th or January 1st, normal sanitation service will occur on Monday, December 24th and Monday, December 31st. For residents with Tuesday sanitation service, please have collections at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 26th and Tuesday, January 2nd. Crews will collect both Tuesdayand Wednesday’s refuse on each Wednesday (If weather does not permit collection of both days refuse, collection could extend into Thursday.). Sanitation crews will also begin collecting live Christmas trees on December 26th. Live Christmas trees should be placed at curbside on the resident’s garbage day. Residents are asked to NOT wrap trees in plastic, as City crews will chip the trees at curbside for two weeks following Christmas.
- Transit - Marion Area Transit will be closed on Monday, December 24th and Tuesday, December 25th. On December 31st, buses will operate until 1:00 pm and will then be closed through January 1st.
- Recreation Center - The Recreation Center will be closed Friday, December 21st through Tuesday, December 25th. The Center will then be closed again on Tuesday, January 1st.
- Senior Center - The Marion Senior Center will be closed on Monday, December 24th, Tuesday, December 25th, as well as Tuesday, January 1st.
Necessary services including fire, police, and airport will operate as usual.