- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Departmental Closures Announced for 4th of July Holiday
Submitted by Administration on Thu, 06/28/2012 - 3:09pm
Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing the following closures for the City of Marion on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 in observance of the Independence Day holiday:
- All offices in City Hall will be closed.
- Sanitation crews will not work on Wednesday, July 4th. Residents who normally have Wednesday sanitation service are asked to have their collections at curbside by 7:00 am on Thursday, July 5th. Sanitation crews will collect both Wednesday and Thursday’s refuse on Thursday, with the possibility that some of Thursday’s collection could extend into Friday, July 6th.
- Marion Area Transit buses will not operate on July 4th. Normal bus routes will resume on Thursday, July 5th.
- The Marion Senior Center will be closed on July 4th. The Center will re-open on Thursday, July 5th.
- The Marion Recreation Center will be closed.
Necessary services including fire, police, and airport will operate as usual.