- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Call 382-9850, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for same day service.
Expect the bus within a half-hour after time requested, depending on the trip. Please watch for the bus and be ready to board at the curb. The bus will only wait for one minute. This service is available to all citizens. Buses are lift-equipped.
Call 382-9850 to make a reservation 24 hours in advance, Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Our enhanced service is available to anyone who would like to door to door service, which means that you will go from your home to your appointment without transferring to another bus. Drivers are required to wait 3 minutes for rider. Please be ready to board the bus when it arrives. This bus service is for anywhere inside city limits and up to five (5) miles outside the city limits.
- Drivers will assist passengers on and off the vehicle and up to the door.
- MAT requires all drivers to use a 4-point tie down method for all wheelchairs and scooters for safety reasons.
- Drivers will not take a wheelchair up and down more than one step.
- We do not provide service into the house or any other building.
- All paths, walkways, and ramps need to be clean, in good repair, and be free of all ice and snow.
Personal Care Attendants
A Personal Care Attendant is someone who is designated or employed to assist and care for a passenger with disabilities. The dispatcher or scheduler must be advised when a Personal Care Attendant will be riding with a passenger. The Personal Care Attendant rides the bus at no charge.
Service Animals/Pet Policy
Marion Area Transit permits service animals to accompany individuals with disabilities in the buses and transit facilities.
When the trip reservation is made, passengers must notify the scheduler/dispatcher that a service animal will accompany the individuals. Otherwise, pets are not permitted to be transported.