- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Marion Senior Center Golf League
Wed, 05/09/2012 - 8:45am
Marion Senior Center
Golf League ~ 2012
Windy Acres Golf Course
Each Wednesday, May 9 – September 1
9:00 a.m. Tee Off – Check in by 8:45
Open to Men and Women 55 Years or Older
Nine hole net individual play
The cost for nine holes: Green Fee $5.00, and cart fee $5.00. For eighteen holes add an extra $5.00 for the cart fee with no additional green fee.
1. League dues will be $10.00. You will be a member for the season. This fee will be used for weekly prizes and scrambles.
2. Shot gun play will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday May 9, 2010, when players will set their handicaps.
3. There will be a nine – hole scramble on June 30 and September 1.
4. There will be no make ups for rain. If conditions warrant, play will be canceled. Call Windy Acres at 499-3438 in questionable weather conditions.
5. Record actual score on score card. (Handicapper will use double par limit to calculate your handicap – net scores are only to be used for scoring points.)
6. Each hole will be putted out – no gim’mes
7. Tee off will be from yellow markers for men and red markers for women
8. Lie may be improved anywhere except traps and hazards.
9. Riders and walkers may be mixed to make up foursomes. PLEASE check in when you arrive so the foursomes can be made.
10. Prizes awarded each week in each foursome for:
Low Net - $1.00 Second Net - $.50
Closest to pin on designated hole - $.50
(Ties will be divided evenly) Handicaps of 25 or over may have one extra shot to get on. If no one gets on, then it is the closest on the second shot or for handicaps 25 or over on the third shot, etc.
11. If a ball lands in a hazard twice, lay the ball across and continue play. Count one in, one out, one in, one out. Ball lays four – shooting five, or if not hitting second ball, lie over and lay four hitting 5. (If you go in on second shot, it would be two in and three out, four in and five out laying six, etc)
Notes: if money runs out, it may be necessary to put a little more in for the scramble at the end of the year.
If you have questions, call Dianne 740-499-3438