- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Marion City Parks Shelter Reservation Information
Special Events in the Parks
The City of Marion Parks can be utilized for special events, such as festivals, concerts, and more. To use the parks in this manner, you must fill out an application with the Parks Office and/or the City of Marion Safety Director's Office. You can download and print the forms by clicking on the links below.
Seasonal Shelter Availability
- Please call: (740) 387-5865 or (740) 387-5370 to check for availability and to place a reservation.
- The shelters are available for rent from May through mid-October each year.
- The shelters are available for rent, during the current calendar year.
- Shelter Rental Fee due at time of reservation. No Shelters will be held without payment.
- Lincoln Park
Charlie D. (next to playground); Lisa B. (2nd shelter from playground; North Y-Men (close to Public Restrooms and Pool); Norm Abraham; and John White (south of Morbitt Hill)
- McKinley Park
Erickson Pavilion (an enclosed shelter that can be opened or closed, depending on the weather; and the Y-Men Shelter
- Sawyer-Ludwig Park
North Y-Men; and the South Y-Men (next to the playground)
- Kennedy Park , Garfield Park, and Martin Luther King Memorial Park each have one shelter.
The daily shelter rates are $40.00 per day for the shelters listed above. There are two small shelters at Quarry Park North and the Courtyard at Sawyer-Ludwig Park that have a daily rate of $25.00.
Note: Erickson Pavilion renters must be out of the pavilion before 6 PM on Sundays for the Summer Concert Band during the months of June, July, and August.