Trick-or-Treat for the City of Marion will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 pm on Friday, October 31.
In 1999, Marion City Council pass an ordinance which set October 31 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm as Trick-or-Treat night in the City of Marion, unless October 31 falls on a Sunday in which Trick-or-Treat night will be observed on the preceding Saturday. As a result of the passage of this Ordinance in 1999, the date of Trick-or-Treat cannot be moved unless legislation was presented before full City Council.
Halloween Safety Tips:
- Trick-or-Treat in a group or with an adult.
- Accept treats only in doorways. Never go into a house.
- Visit homes that have the porch light on.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Walk, don't run, and stay on sidewalks.
- Look both ways before crossing streets and only cross the street at corners.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Be sure your costume is not too long ... you don't want to trip or fall.
- Shoes should fit comfortably (even if they don't match your costume).
- Carry only flexible swords, knives, and props.
- Consider using "face paint" instead of a mask. If you wear a mask, be sure you can see out of it clearly.
- Be sure your parents always know where you are going to trick-or-treat and stay in familiary neighborhoods.
- Do not ride a bicycle. Your costume might get tangled in the wheels.
- Keep away from candles and open fires.
- Be cautious of animals.
- Let parents check your treats before you eat them.
- Never eat unwrapped candy, opened candy, or fruit given to you on Halloween.