Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing that offices in City Hall will be closed on Monday, November 11, 2013 in observance of Veteran’s Day.
The following city departments will operate as noted:
- Sanitation crews will collect garbage and recycling. Customers normally having refuse collected on Monday are requested to have their collections at curbside by 7:00 am.
- The Marion Senior Center will be open normal operating hours. On this day, the Center will be honoring and providing a complimentary lunch for all local Veterans. The 12:00 pm luncheon will be followed by a special video presentation of Time Magazine’s “World War II – Pacific”. Honor Flight information will also be available. Dinner tickets are $3 per person (FREE for veterans). Contact the Senior Center at 387-6100 by November 8th for additional information and to RSVP for this meal.
- Marion Area Transit will operate on its regular schedule.
Essential services including fire, police, and airport will operate as usual.
The Mayor would also like to remind residents of the options available for disposal of leaves:
- Leaves may be raked to the tree lawn area to be vacuumed (Residents are reminded that leaves are not to be raked into the street);
- Leaves may be placed in biodegradable paper bags for City sanitation workers to pick up; or
- Leaves can be taken to the free drop off location at 560 Barks Rd. W. in biodegradable paper-bags. Proof of City residence is required.