- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE MAYOR TO APPLY TO THE MARION COUNTY COMMISSIONERS FOR MONIES DERIVED FROM THE AUTOMOBILE LICENSE TAX, AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY.
WHEREAS, the Marion County Commissioners passed a resolution on September 10, 1969 in the matter of the policy on distribution of the $5.00 permissive auto tax monies, to wit: That no later than the first Monday in February of each year shall be a deadline for this Board to receive from the various cities and villages, County Engineer approved requests for their portion of said monies, after which the Board will examine, view and certify amounts available to each qualified applicant, so they may be eligible to draw their portion after they present a signed contract for improvement to be done, and
WHEREAS, Council, on September 23, 1968, passed Resolution No. 68-39 which stated that Council desired to finance certain improvements from funds allocated by the County Commissioners from the annual license tax of $5.00.
BE IT RESOLVED by the City of Marion, Marion County, Ohio.
Section 1. That the Mayor is hereby directed to make the proper application to the Marion County Commissioners for the City’s portion of the $5.00 permissive auto tax monies to apply against the following listed project:
STREET FROM TO
1. Silver Street Kenton Ave. N. Prospect St.
2. Columbia St. Olney Ave. S. Prospect St.
3. Summit St. Mt. Vernon Ave. Vernon Heights Blvd.
4. Bennett Street Latourette St. W. Corp. Line
5. Vernon Hts Blvd. Mt. Vernon Ave. Delaware Ave.
6. Easy Street Fairwood Ave. Bermuda Ave.
7. Church Street Park Blvd. Kennsington Pl.
8. N. Prospect St. W. Fairground St. W. Center St.
9. Latourette St. Brown Ave. W. Center St.
10. Brown Ave. Clinton St. Waterloo St.
11 S. Prospect St. S. Corporation Walnut St.
12. Leader St. W. Center St. W. Fairground St.
13. Spencer St. Indiana Ave. E. Center St.
14. S. Vine St. Lafayette St. E. Walnut St.
15. Edwards St. Silver St. Hocking St.
16. Davids St. Bellefontaine Ave. Barks Road
17. Willow St. S. Vine St. Bradford St.
18. Seffner Ave. W. Center St. North Termini
19. Adams St. N. Greenwood St. Jefferson St.
20. Olney Ave. Center St. Bellefontaine Ave.
21. Mark St. Prospect St. Jefferson St.
22. Westlawn Dr. Vancouver Dr. Catalina Dr.
23. Tyler St. E. Fairground St. Adams St.
24. George St. Greenwood St. Jefferson St.
25. Kenton Ave. W. Corporation Center St.
26. Mt. Vernon Ave. Grand Ave. E. Corporation
27. Central Dr. Littleton St. Roberts Ave.
28. Van Buren St. Grant St. Jefferson St.
29. Chateau Dr. Normandy Dr. Richland Rd.
30. Shadyside Dr. Brightwood Dr. Forest St.
31. Curve St. Center St. Bennett St.
32. Merchant Ave. Mt. Vernon Ave. E. Center St.
Section 2. That this resolution is hereby declared to be an emergency measure necessary for the immediate preservation of the public health, welfare, and safety of the City of Marion and the inhabitants thereof and for the further reason that it is necessary to make application to the Marion County Commissioners by the first Monday in February, 2011 and as such shall take effect and be enforced immediately upon its’ passage and approval by the Mayor, provided it receives the affirmative vote of two thirds of all members elected to Council; otherwise it shall become effective from and after the earliest period allowed by law.
President of Council
Mayor Scott Schertzer
Clerk of Council