Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing that offices in City Hall will be closed on Friday, November 11, 2016 in observance of Veteran’s Day. Due to City Hall being closed on Friday, most offices will be observing weekly early closure hours on Thursday, November 10.
The following city departments will operate as noted:
- Sanitation crews will collect garbage, recycling and yard waste on November 11. Customers normally having refuse collected on Friday are requested to have their collections at curbside by 7:00 am.
- The Marion Senior Center will be open normal operating hours on November 11. On this day, the Center will be honoring and providing a complimentary lunch for all local Veterans. The luncheon which is being hosted at the Marion Senior Center, 2375 Harding Highway E., and will be served at noon. In addition to the complimentary lunch, for all veterans, a special memento of the occasion will be provided. Dinner tickets are $3 for non-veterans. The public is welcome! Contact the Center at (740) 387-6100 for more information or to RSVP.
- Marion Area Transit will be open for operation on November 11.
Essential services including fire, police, and airport will operate as usual.
The Mayor would also like to remind residents that yard waste and fall leaf pick-up will continue through Friday, December 9, 2016. The options available for disposal of leaves are as follows:
1) Leaves may be raked to the tree lawn area to be vacuumed (Residents are reminded that leaves are not to be raked into the street);
2) Leaves may be placed in biodegradable paper bags (limit 3 per week) for City sanitation workers to pick up; or
3) Leaves may be taken to the free drop off location at 560 Barks Rd. W. in biodegradable paper-bags. Proof of City residency may be required.