- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Announcement of Yard Waste Program for 2013
The City of Marion is announcing information related to its 2013 yard waste program. The 2013 program will essentially follow a once per month collection pattern, although some additional support may be available during April and May. Following is a list the weeks in which yard waste is tentatively scheduled
for collection at curbside during 2013:
• April 1 – 5 • July 1 – 5 • October 7 – 11
• May 6 – 10 • August 5 – 9 • November 4 – 8
• June 3 – 7 • September 3 – 6
As observed in the past, the City will not pick up grass clippings at the curbside. Branches must be bundled and cut in lengths no longer than 5 feet. Curbside pick up for yard waste generally occurs on the day following each resident’s regular trash collection day (example: Friday trash pick-up - Monday yard waste pick up). With limited personnel, this schedule can and will vary.
Residents are encouraged to drop off grass clippings and yard waste materials, free of charge, to Park Enterprise Construction Co., Inc., located at 560 Barks Rd. W. (between S. Prospect St./Rt. 4 S. and the Barks Rd. overpass). Requirements for grass and yard waste drop off are:
- Must stop at office or other designated location to verify proof of City residency (Photo ID with address).
- Items being dropped off must be weighed by Park Enterprise employee before materials are discarded.
- Residents using plastic bags are required to remove waste from bags and then discard of plastic bags properly. Paper biodegradable bags are available at most local retail stores.
Call Park Enterprise at 223-7275 for additional information on acceptance program or to verify hours of operation.
Additional Information: City Sanitation and Streets Department 740-382-1479