- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Boomer Night at Marion Senior Center continues in February
Senior Center Offers Tuesday Evening Hours During the Month of February
Due to popular demand, the Marion Senior Center will continue to offer extended hours on Tuesday evenings until 8:00 pm. At this time, this is the only evening that extended hours are being offered. Programs during this special timeframe will continue to target the Baby Boomer generation (individuals born between 1946-1964), but anyone age 50+ is welcome to join in the fun!
Dinner will be available every Tuesday from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The a la carte menu will be created and prepared by the culinary staff at Primrose and will feature a different soup, salad and sandwich each week.
Current Programs Include:
- Beginner Yoga (4:00 pm – 5:00 pm; Jeannie Brewer, Instructor; cost is $5 per class).
- Beginner Tai Chi (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm; Steve & Marlene Renick, Carol Nelson, Instructors; Cost is $5 per class.)
- Beginner Ballroom Dance Lessons (6:30 pm – 7:30 pm; April Morrison, Instructor; cost is $5 per class; couples and singles welcome.)
- Kingston “Ladies ONLY” Pool League (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm; Tammy Millisor of Kingston, League Coordinator; no cost; open to women age 50+ only.)
- Card Games (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm; Sue Granger is currently teaching beginners how to play Texas Hold 'Em; Card Game 31 is also available during this time.)
Call Dana Hanif, Activity Coordinator, at 387-6100 for more information or to register.