- City Government
- City Departments
- Emergency Services
- Aquatic Center
- Contact Us
Street Closures for 32nd Annual Popcorn Festival Announced
Mayor Scott Schertzer is announcing that on Tuesday, September 4th at 6:00 p.m. detours will begin being posted in downtown Marion to accommodate activities for the 2012 Marion Popcorn Festival. Streets will remain closed until the festival’s conclusion at midnight on Saturday and may remain closed
into early Sunday morning for festival clean-up. The following downtown streets will be closed to traffic beginning September 4th:
- Center St. between State St. and Campbell St.
- Church St.between Prospect St. and Main St
- Main St.between Church St. and Huber St.
- Prospect St. between Church St. and George St.
- Oak St. between Center St. and Huber St.
In preparation for and during the Popcorn Parade on Thursday, September 6th, closure of a number of area streets will begin at 4:00 p.m. The following is a list of changes and closures for streets on September 6th:
- Kensington St.will become two-way at 4:00 p.m.
- East Center St.between Kensington St. and State St. will close at 5:00 p.m.
- Forest Lawn Blvd.from Center St. to Mt. Vernon Ave. will close at 5:00 p.m.
The following streets will be closed between East Center St. and East Church St.:
- Pennsylvania Ave.
- Kenmore Ave.
- Merchant Ave.
- Clover Ave.
- Homer St.
The following streets will be closed between East Center St. and Wilson Ave.:
- Chicago Ave.
- Johnson St.
- Boone Ave.
- True Ave.
- Franconia Ave.
The following streets will be closed until the conclusion of the parade:
- State St. between Center St. and Washington St.
- Main St. between Church St. and Hill St.
- Delaware Ave. between Hill St. and Washington St.
- Hill St. between Main St. and State St.
As a result of the various street closures that will take place in preparation for the Popcorn Festival Parade, Marion Area Transit offices will close at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 6th. Normal operating hours will resume on Friday, September 7th.